Sell Your Books
If you'd like to sell your good quality books to Lotus Bookstore, here's what you need to know:
- Send a mail to us regarding the books you’d like to sell, with the important information listed below.
- We'll review the mail and let you know if we’re interested in any of the books.
- We'll confirm the total amount for the books and delivery, where applicable, with you. Once confirmed, we will request your bank account details for payment.
- After the payment reflects in your bank account, delivery or collection of the books is to be arranged.
How to sell your books?
- Contact us on our contact page, social media or email email@example.com
- Tell us your full name and include the following information:
- The author and title of the book/s;
- The conditions of the book/s (good, very good, excellent);
- Photos of the front and back cover;
- Your location (for delivery/collection purposes).
How much do we pay for books? (Pricing)
- General Pricing: R30.00 - 40.00 (thirty to forty rand) per book.
- As we are based in Cape Town, the price paid for books may vary to account for delivery.
- Payment will be made to you (the bookseller) via EFT, using the bank account details provided by the bookseller.
What books do we buy? (Book criteria)
- Popular books across different genres listed on our site.
- Books that match our catalog, bestsellers and rare books.
- Books excluded: textbooks, Reader’s Digest, history, reference, encyclopedias, magazines, old books and books containing pen/pencil markings.
T’s and C’s:
- Only open to people residing in South Africa.
- Sales will only be concluded once books and pricing are confirmed between Lotus Bookstore and bookseller.
- All payments will be made at the beginning of every new month.
- Delivery of books will be made through PostNet and/or a suitable alternative delivery method.
- Collection of books only available in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Collection of books bought may vary between 1-2 weeks after payment is made. (Please keep them safe, in the meantime.)
- The above information is effective as of 1 April 2020.
- The terms and conditions listed above include this document and any further amendment thereto.