About Lotus Bookstore:
Lotus Bookstore is an independent online second-hand bookstore, established in 2019. Our catalogue has good quality books by popular authors across different genres and locally-produced bookish merchandise. We’re based in Cape Town, South Africa and deliver across the country!
We started selling used books in 2019 and have been stocking booklovers' bookshelves since then! Over time, we have expanded our collections and bookish merchandise range to support other local brands throughout South Africa.
Our payment provider, PayFast, is a secure online payment system that protects your details and uses safe payment methods. We have delivered to all major cities and most rural cities across the country, with 3 delivery methods including Fastway Couriers, Paxi and PostNet.
Our vision is to keep the reading community in South Africa alive and thriving while helping 25 local bookish businesses grow and succeed before 2025.
Where to find us?
- If you like reading book reviews and bookish features, visit our blog called Lotus Book Blog at lotusbookblog.com
- Follow us on Instagram for beautiful themed book photos, quizzes, giveaways and engaging content @LotusBookstoreZA!
- Like our Facebook page for daily book memes and bookish content @LotusBookstoreza
- Follow us on LinkedIn for bookstore updates and short business book reviews at Lotus Bookstore
- Follow us on Twitter for retweets, funny tweets and bookstore updates @lotusbookblog
- Follow us on TikTok for bookish content and videos @lotusbookstoreza
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lotus Book Blog: Cape Town's Newest Online Bookstore: Lotus Bookstore - a blog post by Damien Terblanche (July 2019)
- Bookamoso: Read #QuestionsWithBookamoso - Lotus Bookstore, a blog post by Omphile Raleie (October 2019)
- The South African: The South African featured Five South African Bookstagrammers you should be following - lifestyle article by Carmen Coetzee (August 2020)
- Cape Talk Radio: Our founder featured on Cape Talk Radio in January 2021 with author, Sara-Jayne King and in March 2021 with Saskia Falken about our Charity Sale for Help2Read South Africa. We successfully reached our fundraising goal for Help2Read on Given Gain! You can listen to our interview here. (March 2021)
- Jumpstart SA: Our founder spoke to Malcolm Rainers from Jumpstart SA in 2022 on E-commerce in South Africa. You will be able to watch and listen to the podcast soon. (September 2022)