Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Lotus Bookstore?
Lotus Bookstore is an online second-hand bookstore, based in Cape Town, South Africa. We sell good quality new & used books and bookish merchandise and deliver them to you across South Africa. We aim to grow the bookish community and help other local bookish businesses become successful!
How do I buy from Lotus Bookstore?
What does Small, Medium and Large Size mean?
What's our book grading criteria?
- Excellent: The book covers and pages are in excellent condition. The books are used but like new and the spine has minimal to no creases.
- Very Good: The book covers are in very good condition and pages are slightly discoloured. The books are used but still in very good condition. The spine has a few creases.
- Good: The book covers and pages are in good condition. The books are used with discoloured pages and the spine is creased.
- All Books: We try very hard to select books of good quality with no water marks, dog ears or writing in them. Any exception or special markings in books will be communicated in the product description.
How do I pay for my order?
You can pay for your order on our site through a trusted and secure third-party payment provider, PayFast. You can read more about our payment process on our Payment Policy.
What Payment Methods are available?
The following payment methods are available through PayFast:
- Debit Card
- Credit & Cheque Card with VISA or Mastercard accreditation
Experience any problems? Contact us for help!
How does delivery work?
We deliver books and items to you through Fastway Couriers and Paxi. You can learn more about the shipping process and methods, delivery time and the pricing in our Shipping Policy
How do I purchase a Gift Card?
You can find out how to purchase a Gift Card and how to use them on our site here.
Where is Lotus Bookstore located?
We are an online bookstore, based in Cape Town, South Africa. We do not have a physical store (for now!).
How do I sell my books to Lotus Bookstore?
Thank you for your interest in selling your books to Lotus Bookstore! Unfortunately, we have postponed this online feature for the rest of 2021 and will continue same in 2022.
Send any further questions to us on our contact page.